Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Need a Better Brain...

Actually - I need a perfect brain...

Matthew 5:48 (NKJV)
48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Here is the problem.  My mind is not perfect.  You, doubtless, need no convincing of that fact on either my behalf OR yours!  

Let's have the Word speak for Himself- and He does.  In fact, we easily relate to David's verse in Psalm 51:5 when he says, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."  After David, there is further indication this foundational reality was well-understood by the people of the Bible.  Jeremiah says in Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  

In a sort of awful crescendo, Jesus Himself sums up the problem in Matthew 12:34/Luke 6:45 (NASB): 

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

And finally - Matthew 19:17/Mark 10:18/Luke 18:19 seals the deal:

And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

What to do?

Step 2 - Allow gratitude and praise to come forth thereby bringing the Living Christ in giving you the Mind of Jesus!

Psalms 22:3  But Thou art holy, O Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Beautiful and sublime truth!  When I praise, God inhabits/dwells/sits/sets up shop in my MIND!  As this act of Divinity occurs, I receive His thoughts, His feelings, His motives.  My mind is - bit by bit - transformed physiologically underscoring the reality of Romans 12:2

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

A blissful additional benefit?  Knowing the will of God!

Thank You Jesus that I need not stumble around this decrepit world in darkness and sin.  Thank You for promising to give me the mind of Jesus!  Reveal that reality to me today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!