Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fasting For Our Prodigals - Day 14 - Clean Hands, Pure Heart

Clean Hands, Pure Heart - Today's Theme.  On Day 12, we talked about the devil's end-game.  Unlike a lot of us, he knows God's Word is truth and knows his time is short.  So, the plan is very simple - deception.  Take as many humans out as possible - thereby causing the loving Creator-God the greatest pain possible.  Do it using any means necessary to hide the matchless love of the character of  God.
Forgiveness.  What prevents me from forgiving?  Fear.  Yep - that's pretty much the root of it all for me at least.

  • Fear of personal physical/mental/emotional injury.  Here are a few examples:
    • They might do it again, it might happen again, in fact I KNOW it will happen again! <#2 favorite>. 
    • What will people think?  <reminds me of the time James fell asleep in my sister's church...lol>
    • Without income my family would ... <who, in fact, is my provider?>
    • A future and/or much desired outcome will be shattered/destroyed... <see below>
    • My perfect plans will be ruined... <ding ding ding!  Fear #1>
    • That teaching will corrupt <insert person's name here> ...
    • God's plans might get screwed up!  <personal favorite for it's absolute delusiveness>
    • I'll be alone <note - whole category here on aloneness>
    • <insert your personal favorites here....>
  • Fear of physical/mental/emotional injury to one I love, particularly my child.  In fact, I've become increasingly sensitive to how much of parenting springs from a base of fear.  Just a few examples:
    • If I'm not with my child ....
    • Better not send my child to that school because .....
    • Better not feed my child that because ....
    • Better not let my child associate with that child because ....
    • My spouse is going to ruin my child because ....
    • <insert your personal favorites here...>
Oh my goodness.  My list of examples?  Endless.  The problem?  God's Word is clear - fear not.  144 times with a variety of applications.  (Hm...  144...)  Do I believe the Word of God or a psychotic angel?  Word of God vs psychotic angel.  Hmm...  Is this a trick question?  No.  But - remember I am very much in need of Grace because I am weak, helpless, without strength and I'm a sinner.  So I very much need God's strength here.  I've been wounded a lot at the hands of the psychotic angels.  Oh God, I NEED Your grace because of that!  Without Your grace - I am left helpless at the merciless hands of evil.  

And this is where the beauty of God's love shines through piercing the darkness of the psychotic angels.  He provides, in the Bible, a paradigm shift for fear.  Insert your name as you read the following:

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage _________, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you, _________. He will not leave you _______ nor forsake you.”

1 John 4:8
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Let's flip this:  He who loves knows God, for God is love.
or:  God is not love to those who do not love because they do not know Him.

2 Samuel 22:31
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Rule #1 - He will never leave me or forsake me!
Rule #2 - God is love!
Rule #3 - God is perfect!
Rule #4 - God is my shield and protector!

For every fear, for every obstacle that keeps me from forgiving - God has an answer and it is a perfect answer.  

Today I think about my prodigal self and other prodigals I know.  

Dear Jesus, I freely confess I am riddled with fears that keep me from perfectly reflecting Your grace and love to others.  Today I come before You and ask You to take my fears.  Please give me clarity of thought and the gift of discernment so I don't get swept away by the lies psychotic angels try to entrap me with.  I rejoice in the assurance that You've provided - that as long as my life lasts on this earth, You will NEVER leave me or forsake me...

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob, little Israel, do not fear, for I myself will help you,” declares the Lord your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 41:10,13,14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!