Friday, January 3, 2014

Fasting - Day 3 - Communion Cleansing

Today is Day 3 of the fast and tonight we will be celebrating an Agape Feast at church.  I am SO excited about this.  To begin the New Year cleansed spiritually in this fashion is just such a lovely opportunity.  It gives me peace, a settled feeling of spiritual calm.  There were moments in December where I was, well - 'unlovely' is entirely too sanitized a word.  The chaos of shopping, the force of multiple schedules and engagements stressing.  While I am entirely aware that Jesus offers instant pardon and freedom from sin, there is something about returning to the ritual of communion that is powerful.

On this day, I will take time to read the story of the Last Supper by the foremost author on the life of Christ.  I will ask the Holy Spirit to examine my heart, to see if there be any wrong thing in me that I should ask forgiveness for from my spouse, from my child.  I will practice the ordinance of humilty, reminding myself that Jesus Himself, washed the feet of His disciples.  

John 13:5 (NASB) Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet
5 Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.

I will remember that Jesus too, is fasting until He can bring me to Himself in Heaven.

Luke 22:17-18 (NASB)
17 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, “Take this and share it among yourselves; 18 for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.”

Matthew 26:27-29 (NASB)
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

I will remember that Jesus closed His final agape feast with a hymn...

Matthew 26:30 (NASB)
30 After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Psalm 117 (KJV) The Passover Hallel
117 O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord.

Thank You Jesus for this special time with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!