Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting My Walk On...

Don't you just love the Bible?  It is such an amazing, living, transforming, supernatural entity!  Uh - yeah - 'cause it's Jesus!   Getting fired up just thinking about this!


Dear Jesus - I just praise You that are truth.  I praise You that Your love is so amazing it transcends anything on this earth.  Oh Jesus please reveal to us how personal You long to be to each of us...

Here are the verses from our post on walking a week or so ago:

We are to walk IN CHRIST (Col. 2:6)
We are to walk BEFORE GOD (Gen. 17:1)
We are to walk AFTER THE SPIRIT (Rom. 8:1)

Today this chunk of Proverbs jumped out at me.  And by jumped - perhaps I meant leaped.  Said - 'Hello - you over there - check me out!'  Can't really say 'grabbed' because Jesus is just way too polite for that... 

Proverbs 6:22 with verses 20 & 21 providing context (NASB):

20 My son, observe the commandment of your father
And do not forsake the law of your mother;
21 Bind them continually on your heart;
Tie them around your neck.

Here is the striking part to me:

22 When you walk about, they/she will guide you;
When you sleep, they/she will watch over you;
And when you awake, they/she will talk to you.

Here we go:
To the picture of 'how' the Trinity surround my walk (before me - in me - behind or after me), I can now add the 'what' layer.  What do They actually do?

Beautifully introduced by the gender form utilized (which speaks to the complete parenthood of the Godhead as well as Jesus and His church bride) the context of verses 20 and 21 introduces the commandments and the law as parents.  With loving tenderness the commandments and the law will guide me, they will watch over me, and most exciting?  They will talk to me!

Thank You Jesus, Father God and Holy Spirit for Your perfect parenting.  Thank You for the tenderness You display towards me.  Thank You for Your promise to guide, watch over and to speak to me...  (to ME!  just wow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!