Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bible Filter - ACTIVATE!




Saw this today - what do you think?  Biblical or not?

Feed Your Faith and Your Fears Will Starve To Death!

Well - this one is a little tricky.  Do we feed our faith?  Faith and fear are definitely connected. 
Jesus in Mark 4:40 makes the following statement: 
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
Seems to me the answer is in Romans 10:17 and I Corinthians 12:9 (speaking of gifts of the Spirit)
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
and this seals the deal for me: 
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.  1 John 4:18

From this I get that faith is a gift and so is love.  Because I can only love Jesus because He first loved me!  So it is His gift of both His love and His faith that will handle my fears. 
Therefore....  <drumroll> NOPE - Fails the Bible Filter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!