Friday, April 19, 2013

Bible Filter - ACTIVATE!


Alrighty now - get that Bible filter going....  Here's a lovely verse - but is it Biblical?

My God and His Angels watch over me, 
and should there be a need, 
they are never more than a prayer away.  

My filter screams over this one - ALERT ALERT ALERT!
'should there be a need'?  Oh my - the way I read my Bible, there is ALWAYS a need.  

1 Peter 5:8

Common English Bible (CEB)
Be clearheaded. Keep alert. Your accuser, the devil, is on the prowl like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

'they are never more than a prayer away'?  No - that is not the picture my Bible gives me of how my Jesus and His angels work.  My Bible teaches that if I make Jesus my refuge, I need have no fear.  Ever.  End of story.  


Psalm 91:9-12

Common English Bible (CEB)
Because you’ve made the Lord my refuge,

    the Most High, your place of residence—
10 
        no evil will happen to you;
        no disease will come close to your tent.
11 
Because he will order his messengers to help you,
    to protect you wherever you go.
12 
They will carry you with their own hands
    so you don’t bruise your foot on a stone.

Thank You Jesus!  Thank You we can trust Your Word!  Thank You that it truly is a light for our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!