Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sometimes, the Goodness of God is Too Much!

This could also be called, WHY SOMETIMES THERE ARE GAPS BETWEEN POSTINGS...  :-)


Every morning I open the Word.  It is a discipline recently acquired and treasured.  Every day I get glimpses of beauty, of direction in the Word.  The Holy Spirit blows questions half-formed into my mind like a child blowing on a seeded dandelion.  My mind races after the questions, but soon the duties of the day intrude and study time is ended...  Too soon...

Sometimes, though, I press on!  I remind myself:  Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and ALL these things (daily needs met by daily duties) will be added unto you.  Headlong I dive back into a study.

If too long has passed since my last study session, I notice it is harder to go after the half-formed questions.  But - on occasion the timing is perfect!

A memory or a thought comes to me.  I begin to chase after it.  Seek and ye SHALL find.  The Word begins to sparkle like a diamond.  I dig further and begin to really study.  Seek and ye shall FIND.  As I study, a discovery of infinite beauty unfolds before me!  Sometimes, the discoveries sparkle and pop with such plenitude and only a few minutes have passed.  On these occasions, usually it is an overwhelming activity to document and connect all the pieces into a coherent writing.

So I don't.  I enjoy, I bask in the glow of the discovery...  Once again I am reminded - this blog is for Jesus!  And He is for me!  He makes my way perfect and He will cause me to produce the writing He wants shared for His glory.  

But sometimes, everything comes together into a cataclysm of wonder.  The study pops and sparkles, the ability to transfer the finding to a post just flows, the act of sharing creates yet more capacity to receive and this amazing cycle churns with an effortless delight.

This is Jesus!  Truly - TASTE and SEE!  Words fail to describe the infinite pleasures available to us even here and now as we sit for a spell in His presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!