Friday, August 30, 2013

Psalms 23 - Instruction for This Day...

Dear Jesus - We praise You that You ARE the Word sent down from heaven to fill us each and every day!  We confess our appetites are not healthy because we feed so much of the time on junk food.  Please help us - create in us a clean heart and renew our appetites today.  Thank You Jesus!

Let's see what specific instruction we get today from Psalms 23:

Psalm 23 (NKJV)

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will return to the house of the Lord
Forever.
 
Hmmm - which study principle shall we utilize?  Let's try restatement:
 
1 - The Lord is my caretaker - He will provide everything I need today
2 - The Lord - without doubt - has provided for me, today, a rest of comfort full of peace
3 - Jesus is responsible for me today - He will restore my soul, He will cause me to be righteous so I bring honor & glory to His name
4 - Today, should I get stressed out, should some horrible thing happen to me - I have no need to be afraid because Jesus IS with ME!  He will send scripture to my mind, songs to my mind to comfort me as I lift my eyes to Him.
5 - As I go through my day, I can let my mind dwell on the sanctuary.  That will keep my mindful that Jesus has provided a table full of bread - His body, His WORD.  From that food, as I continually eat today from it, I can feed my enemies.  Jesus will send me the Holy Spirit so my light (candlestick) will shine brightly, regardless of the situation, as His Spirit fills and overflows my heart.
6 - As my belly is full from His WORD, as my heart overflows with His Spirit, all I can say is every single morning I shall return to the sanctuary, MY sanctuary, which is the House of the Lord.  FOREVER!!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!