Tuesday, August 13, 2013

For His Sake...

Mustard Seeds
Dear Jesus - We praise You that You are not like men.  We confess that we - along with our memories - are corrupt.  Help us to realize today - deeply - how much You do for us for Your own sake.  Not because of anything we have done.  That we may praise You for it!

God takes a seed of willingness in our hearts, and blossoms it for His name's sake.  Let's see how true this is...
For the sake of His great name, the LORD will not reject His people, because the LORD was pleased to make you His own. - 1 Samuel 12:22

Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God. - Nehemiah 9:31

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. - Ps. 23:3

Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known. - Ps. 106:8

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.  Isaiah 43:25

But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, among whom they were, in whose sight I made myself known unto them, in bringing them forth out of the land of Egypt. Ez. 20:9

But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.  Ez. 20:14

Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth. Ez. 20:22

And ye shall know that I am the Lord when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord God.  Ez. 20:44

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.  Ez. 36:22

Thank You Jesus that You are perfect, your 'sake' is perfect and we your very imperfect people can trust in You!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be viewable upon approval. Thanks!